Monday, November 9, 2009

JSTD: Mail forward

What to do with your mail while you're away? You always have the option of having a friend or neighbor collect your mail. Also, your local post office can hold your mail until you return from your trip (up to 30 days). If you're planning to go on an extended trip (more than 1 month), you can try to have your mail forwarded to you at your hotel or overseas residence, or via the overseas office of your bank or credit card company. (You must call to see if your bank or credit card company offers this service.) Post offices in some countries will hold mail for travelers. Finally, the embassy of your destination country may offer mail processing and delivery services.

Jet Set Tip of the Day sponsored by:

Web Stats